Monday, March 26, 2012

Birds, Birds, Birds!

I've Got Birds On The Brain

One thing that really caught my eye at H&M during my trip to Portland was a blouse. More specifically, the pattern on the blouse. BIRDS. And even better, it came in two different styles. The first one is $12. 95, and the other is $24.95. I couldn't decide which one I liked more, so I panicked and left without buying either.
I'm pretty sure that the blouse became one of those fashion why-didn't-i-suck-it-up-and-buy-you regrets. I finally decided that I would order the tunic style one when I got home, only to discover YOU CAN'T ORDER ONLINE WITH H&M. (If I'm wrong and I just can't navigate a website, please tell me!)


If I had bought the shirt, I would have paired it with a pair of bright blue jeans like these:

The only similar pair was from H&M for $12.95. They look pretty stretchy and have funny lines running halfway down your thigh, but for that cheap I'd be willing to give them a try!






BUT HEY, LOOK WHAT I DID BUY:

H&M earrings, about 4 bucks

H&M shorts, 10 bucks on sale. The material is really funky, with silvery lines all over it. But they're different, and kind of edgy. 


This red shirt was a great find by my mom from a sales rack (where else would I be?) at Macy's. It's by a Paris-based Italian designer named Giambattista Valli. Every other line in the area made me want to cry from the sheer expensiveness. I would peek at the price, then think something like "holysweetbejeezus", then flip the price tag back over and pretend that I never saw it, skipping back to the sale racks. The fabric is sheer, flowy, and really beautiful. My dad thought that it was covered in flames (I'm pretty sure they're roses) and I think that's pretty cool. Now every time I wear it, it'll be like LILLIAN, the GIRL. ON. FIRE! Yeah, I still have The Hunger Games on the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment